Friday, April 6, 2012

Hit or miss, but more misses

Not my best spring for results.

First, I received my  notification from the Michigan Water Color Society (MWCS), regarding my entry for the 65th annual exhibit. It indicated that juror George James "NS"'d  (that's Not Selected)  BOTH of  the paintings that I submitted.  I'm disappointed, of course.  But truly not that surprised.  I had attended the projection of the nearly 300 entries last month.  Knowing that the juror would need to select perhaps 80 paintings from these, I did my own mental selection process.  It was pretty easy to see that there were many many (many!) more than 80 fine paintings present, good enough to deserve being included.  So it depended on what the juror was looking for.  I guess, not my style! But perhaps we will all learn more about his selection process at the lecture.    More information about the exhibit, the reception, the lecture, and the juror can be found here.

Second, an even LESS surprising failure.  I took a big breath and entered, wait for it, the competition for Northlight Book's Splash 14 book.  The painting I entered, Escape, is one of my favorites, and has been exhibited several places.   I knew it was an EXTREMELY long shot, but somehow felt like trying anyway.   The list of accepted artists was posted recently, and, no, no "Harra" in the "H"'s

No comments:

Post a Comment