Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Days Three and Four at Kanuga - it's All Over (for a year)

Re-entry is not for the fainthearted.  Yes, I'm "retired", but I can't remember the last time I was  out of town for 10 days, and generally I don't come back STUFFED with ideas and artistic energy. So, because of that, a synopsis of my last few days will have to wait.   Right now all my extra time is being devoted to (other than the 5 loads of laundry, unpacking, paying bills, etc etc,), using what I've learned as quickly as possible, so it sticks.

Here's a painting  I started before coming. It got a pretty good reaction during the 'big critique' on Wednesday afternoon, but the artist, Linda Baker, suggested at the least adding a lot more of the dark blue into the area in the bottom.  This I did, when I got home, then got really brave and used the technique Judy Morris taught us to add the patterning to the "moon".   I'm liking it pretty well - I don't THINK I've ruined it yet.  



Yes, a follow up will be posted.  If you are waiting for it, be sure to post  a comment, so I know!!!  I could use some motivation . . .

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment