Monday, January 28, 2013

The Walls are Alive Again

Tomorrow I hope to get my seven paintings back into frames and onto the walls. Eric Law did a fantastic job of photographing them, and I'm pretty sure I know which two will become entries for the Michigan Water Color Society annual.
Here's one that, much as I like it, I DON'T think I will enter.  It doesn't feel like an MWCS painting, although I'd have to work on why that is. This one has been photographed twice by Mr. Law, because it had a MAJOR revision and now has a whole new look. The black and gold in the background of this painting are both gesso, not my usual method.  Maybe that's why it doen't seem appropriate for the MWCS competition. At least the flowers aren't Pink!
The rest of the paintings, whether or not they go to this competition, are making me pretty happy and will become part of my November one-woman show at Fieldstone Winery.  So excited about that!  I'll probably share a couple of them here over the coming months, but not all. Need to give my friends some good reason to come to the opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment