Monday, December 31, 2012

Ordinary Times are Here Again



Ordinary Times are Here Again
The calendar is CLEAR again
Time for painting, never fear, again!
Ordinary  Times are Here Again

No, I don’t bid the holidays a sad farewell.  Tomorrow, New Years Day, I will gladly move forward into the New Year by pulling down and packing away Christmas clutter, and restoring our home to peaceful simplicity. 

And, already this week, I’ve made a good start on beginning what I have realized is my favorite season: Painting Season.
 It starts after the holiday season, and seems to come to an end when gardening season and then the concurrent cottage season both begin.  These run until late fall (with a slight easing in gardening midsummer, which is compensated for by cottage season) when, amazingly enough, holiday season again takes over.
Each season has its own upsides and downsides.  I am just learning to accept that they seem to drive me instead of me them.
To celebrate the start of Painting Season,  I’ve already started a BUNCH of paintings at once.  I’ve drawn several designs from my floral sources onto half-sheets,  then stretched them onto boards.  Many of my watercolor friends eschew stretching, and I sort of feel the need to apologize to them.  No, I DON’T think it’s necessary  or important – for your paintings.  But I really do like to start my paintings this way for myself.   Even the process seems to get me into the painting mood.
And what’s more important than that? Especially as the Season Begins!

1 comment:

  1. I do tend to paint more in the winter but not as much as I would like. I should skip the TV viewing at night more!

    ReplyDelete